The Association of Historical Studies KORYVANTES is particularly pleased to announce the successful collaboration with Total War Hellas (the Greek Community of the highly acclaimed Total War – ROME II gaming platform), who led to the development / graphic design of units of Greek armies of the Hellenistic period and their integration as a unit-pack into the global network of the game.
KORYVANTES Association is a key contributor in this remarkable initiative by providing its deep expertise, insight and assets in ancient warfare (in the form of studies, design illustrations, audio visual material) that guided and formed an inspiration for the final result. More particularly, for the design of these new units were used:
- A Series of shield-banners of Southern Greece city-states and the Hellenistic-world Kingdoms, designed by Mr. Dimitris Nikolakopoulos, Architect – the series was provided to the KORYVANTES Association for cultural and educational reasons
- A Series of exceptional photographs of Andreas Smaragdis (http://www.smaragdis.gr), presenting Classical-era Hoplites and Seleucid Officers of Hellenistic Macedonian Army
- Museum-quality reconstructed weapons and armors
- Studies on the warfare of the Greek armies of the time (archers, phalanx «sarissoforon» etc.)
- Studies on the nature and mechanics of the weapons ( composite, scaled linothorax, metal armor, etc)
Total War – ROME II is currently the leadning worldwide platform of strategy gaming, with millions of passionate users, multiple awards and rave reviews. It is accredited from the international Academic Community for the very careful approach on the detailed and historically-accurate representation of war in the ancient worlds.
The platform has been developed by Creative Assembly Studio© and distributed by Sega Corporation©. The focused era of the game develops between the 3rd century and 1st century BC with the presence of all known historical forces of the era such as: Rome, Carthage, Macedonia, Seleucid Empire, Epirus etc.
Total War Hellas is the leading Greek online community created by affictionates the Total War game series. The community count 3,000 registered members, of which about 30% are regular active users. The members have formed an on-line community (mainly in Greek language) with two main pillars: History (discussions, issues, approaches, etc.) and the Total War videogame.
Although Total War Hellas is an online community with less than 2 years of life, they have already count worldwide success as Τhe Total War Hellas Unit-Pack was accredited with the 3rd place in the public votιng of the worldwide Total War community.
The community can be conducted throuth their Facebook profile
Total War Hellas Unit-pack (TWH_UP)
The Total War Hellas Unit-pack focuses on the introduction of 100 units of the Hellenistic city states of 275 BC and as accurate as possible presentation of warfare, equipment and tactics of the Greek Armies of the era, which include:
- 1 package-unit of Macedonian, Epirus, Pontus and Seleucids armies
- 1 package-unit of Spartan, Athenian, Ptolemaic Kingdom, Bactrian armies
- 1 package-unit of minor Hellenistic city-states such as Pergamum, Rhodian, Marseille, Cimmerian Bosporus armies
The directors of the exceptional – in all aspects – work are:
- John Stogiorgis: Programmer / 3d designer / photoshop artist, Ancient Greek philologist and historian, M.Sc in Political Philosophy of Aristotle
- Nikos Kostopoulos: Doctor Dermatologist, amateur historian
- Christos Skempopoulos: Postgraduate student of Political Science & Public Administration
- Matsoukas Alexandros: Community Manager / Supervisor presentations, private employee.
The work of Total War Hellas is endless, a..
In following section, you can see a small sample of the game snapshots along with the corresponding displays (product of experimental research) of the Association of Historical Studies «KORYVANTES», that inspired/documented the design team in the final result.
Copyright of KORYVANTES Association – do not copy or reproduce without permission